The pattern includes a full bow tie sewing pattern along with step-by-step instructions, pictures, diagrams, and sewing tips. I make sure to usability test each and every pattern with a team of testers to make sure the pattern is easy to understand, and perfect for all skill levels, even if you’re just learning to sew. Read about our patterns.
– Bow tie measures 5.5″ wide x 2.5″ tall (at tallest)
– Once sewn, the bow tie requires no actual tying; it closes in the back with a hook and eye for a customized fit.
– The pattern is printed out on your home printer on 8.5″x11″ or A4 paper; reprint it as often as you like
– Pattern is available immediately for downloading
– Bowties made from this pattern can be sold in your shop
– Pattern skill level: Intermediate (see below for specific skills used)
Materials Needed for Bowtie
– 1/4 yard of 45″ fabric (any woven fabric, including cotton, silk, polyester or wool)
– lightweight fusible interfacing (optional: if using a lightweight fabric like silk)
– hook and eye closure
– notions: thread, scissors, tailors chalk, pins, needle and point turner (or something long with a point like a knitting needle or chopstick)
– tools: home printer & 8.5″ x 11″ paper, sewing machine
– neck measurement (in inches or cm) of wearer
Sewing Skills Used
– basic sewing machine stitching
– slipstitch handstitch
– attaching hook and eye
About Digital Sewing Patterns
Like all of my sewing patterns, this digital PDF pattern is available immediately for download after purchase and is printed out on a home printer on 8.5″ x 11″ paper. Reprint it as often as you like!